Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

falken tire Problems

Old 08-27-2004 | 05:26 PM

Default Re: denting/bending header??

evil.gif I have had my tires for six months and today one of my tires went flat. Some how the inside sidewall cracked and let out all my air. now I need a new tire. Does anyone know if this is covered by a warranty? Also do Falken Suck, cause this is bullshit.
Old 08-27-2004 | 05:34 PM

Default Re: FS : miscellaneous parts

most tire manufacturers do have a limited replacement warranty.....

and a pro-rated warranty after a set period of time.

send them some pics....and tell them you are not happy w/ the product...NICELY, and you may get a free replacement regardless of the warranty.
Old 08-27-2004 | 07:23 PM

Default Re: Cigarette Lighter not working.

Take it back to where you got it, they SHOULD have a Road Hazard warranty,... but they might say you drove it flat, but I'd have to see the wear first. Maybe you hit something?
Old 08-27-2004 | 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: My new Headlight side project.

Dry rot usually is covered under warranty from the place you got it ONLY if you got the Road Hazard coverage. Generally.... tire manufacturers don't care. it's up to the seller to warranty it
Old 08-31-2004 | 07:26 PM

Default Re: Custom FG subwoofer enclosures

I put 35,000 miles on my Falken's. Two are bald, one of those with tread separation, the other two aren't in too bad of shape. The baldness is partly due to an unbalanced/damaged wheel, the rest is my fault. I drove hard for quite a while. I wouldn't be opposed to getting them again, they had good all around traction (dry, wet, snow). I drove on them year round in Iowa.

I had ziex 502's I believe. They were cheap and lasted well under the conditions I put them through. Oh yeah, I had 205/40/17.

I would guess that yours is either a defect or something happened to the tire. Take it to where you got it from, unless you purchased on-line. If you purchased on-line, contact the company. Why don't you take some pictures so we can see what happened.
Old 09-05-2004 | 01:30 PM

Default Re: DIY - Resonator Removal

ive ran for awhile now falken zx 502's and never had any problems with them. There noisy as hell but when they were brand new just plowed through snow like it was nothing and good hydro resistant with pretty damn good dry handling. One thing though is they have hard rubber and will bunny hopp your front end to pieces if you drop the hammer at 3000rpm+
Old 09-05-2004 | 01:54 PM

Default Re: DIY - Resonator Removal

I am running the 512s and no problems...I used to run Falken and they sucked in rain or snow but the 512s have 5 water channels....but to answer your question you should take it back to where you purchased and as said above hopefully you got the road hazard....but I would hope they would cover that regardless because it sounds more like a defect.

p.s. Don't take the advice of contacting them directly. They are ASSES!!!
I have had personal contact with them before and they are very big headed and will make you talk to them via their automated web assistance.

(I do have a phone number for them if you end up needing to talk to them for some reason.....but that is all automated too!!) :roll:

my opinion, of course.