Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Excessive Dirtiness

Old 10-21-2005 | 06:43 AM

I got these Kevlar Brake Pads on eBay and they cut down the amount of brake dust considerably.

I've got white rims (hey, they were free wink1.gif) and I used to have to clean them every 2-3 days! It was getting to be a real pain, so I took a chance on these pads and I was very pleasantly surprised. Now I get less brake dust in 2 weeks than I got in 2 days with whatever old pads came on my car.
Old 10-21-2005 | 09:28 AM

You know, my wheels have the same problem. I don't know what it is?? I have no visable rust damage on my car, either. It's like.. after I wash it I have to literally SCRUB on the rims or this weird.. white film will show up?? At car shows.. I'll spend at least a couple of hours trying to get this shit to disappear.. never could find out what it is. I just take a bottle of wheel cleaner and seriously scrub on it as hard as I can and eventually it will come off. Never did find out what that one was.. lol
Old 11-05-2005 | 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Those axxis brake pads are the stuff... they are great.

Hey Ham...I may need some things off of your part's car.