Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

eibach springs

Old 01-27-2003, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach springs

hey..i'm tryin to get as many opinions as possible: i have a 2000 elantra with 15" rims on it..i was gonna get a body kit, but money is starting to get tight around here. so i decided to look into lowering springs(eibach).my only question is that i don't want my 4-door elantra to look like a lowrider....i only wanted to lower it about an inch or so.....does any one have any suggestions about how to go about this? i wanted it lowered but not so it looks stupid
Old 01-27-2003, 04:30 AM
Jon

I would recommend the iebachs i have them on my tib but i should imagine the setup would be about the same on yours. They only drop the car just over an in. The handling is spot on it holds the road much better, very little body roll and the ride quality is pretty good as they are progresive rate spring. I would recommend them as in not into the flat on the floor look.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:37 AM

eibach's are awesome, good drop, but not ghetto or backbreaking. Its still a super comfortable ride for the drop. You'll still feel the road more, but they're worth every penny.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:41 AM

so even if i decide to get the eibach springs, it wouldn't look stupid to have an elantra lowered...thats what i am concerned about...i don't want to be regretting the decision...i'll definately get eibach....by the way, i do have other performance mods(intake, throttle body, exhaust), so i'm hoping it'll look and sound good
Old 01-28-2003, 07:56 AM

Don't worry, you won't look stupid or exagerated. I have my 96 Elantra lowered with H&R springs and it looks sweet. Both Eibach and H&R's lower the car slightly (Eibachs= 1.2" and H&R=1.6") if you want to be really conservative, go for the Eibachs (or if your planning to get bigger than 16 rims).
Anything that lowers more than 2" could get you into trouble, or look real low, but anything less than 1.6~1.8 would be OK.