Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ebc pad?

Old 03-28-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebc pad?

any one have any experience with these? i purchased a set of fronts for mine. just wondering how good they were.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:48 PM

Green stuff? A LOT better than stock, I can say that. My only problem with them stemmed from packaging. They shipped me three of the inner pads and only one outer.. without knowing this, I installed them and made my passenger side too tight (the pad with the cut down the middle is thicker) and both warped the rotor and killed the bearing on that side.

Unfortunatly, I did not discover this for two years until I got around to replacing them and noted that three of the four pads had the cut down the middle.

Other than that, they are really good pads, working as advertised.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ive heard from some that they can get to hot. a lot of people have had problems with warped rotors after using those pads.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM

but how hard a they driving their cars? i don't auto x or any shit like that. i just thought it was about time to change them after 46k miles on the stock one. i don't mind if they warp the rotors. because when i get back from over seas i'm probally gonna get a big brake kit any how.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:42 PM

I use ebc brake pads on my car and i autocross...no problems with warping rotor due to heat (but i have vented, drilled, and slotted rotors), just good hard braking every time(well once they get some heat)