Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Captive To Non Captive Rotors

Old 11-19-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

For months now i have had shaking and noise coming from my front end. I have tookin it to many shops just to hear them say "sorry mang we can not fix your problem we dont even usualy mess with spacers" or "you have to get stock rims" and "we can drill your rims". mad.gif

Well today i finaly did the switch smile.gif . No more shaking and i dont hear aything coming from my front end. Took me about an hour to do the switch. It woulda been faster but i tried using the 97 spindle instead of the 2000 i bought "they looked the same" that ate up about 15 minutes. You definetly need the non captive spindle or else the hub shimmys. Yesterday i bought the hubs, spindles, and rotors off a 2000 at a dismantler for 200$ they even turned the rotors for me. i had a life time garauntee on my brake shoes so they were free and i didnt need to press the bearings "good ol' hammer". 50$ for an alignment and wheel balancing.

So 250$ and my car is smooth and quite. I can choose any rim i want now and i feel safer now knowing that a 1/4 inch of thread was the only thing holding my rims on b4 i did this swap.
cool.gif

So over all im very pleased

if anyone has questions on how to do this please ask i'll help as much as possible.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:57 PM

pics?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

pics of what?
u have a 2001 they look like yours now smile.gif
Old 11-20-2005, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

That's a good deal. I've been waiting for someone to wreck a RD2 so I can get the spindles from them. All the ones I've found are too far to ship or captive. 02.gif mad.gif