Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Camber Kits???

Old 09-24-2004 | 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: FS: Brand new 340cc BETA II injectors

What camber kits would you guys recommend? I am in the market for a camber kit cause I'm sick of changing tires cause the inside of the tires are bald! Also how much they run for on average?

Thanks,
Old 09-24-2004 | 03:58 PM

Default Re: Clear Foglight Lenses

I have been wondering myself.. at what level of lowering are they necessary. I have no intention on going below an inch and a half lower than stock (Still a daily driver after all) but if I do need them, I want the BEST I can get for my car.
Old 09-24-2004 | 04:02 PM

Default Re: Quality of Motegi rims???

I've got the Eibach Prokit in my car. So it's lowered 1.5". And by the looks of my tires they need a kit soon.
Old 09-24-2004 | 05:05 PM

Default Re: Vinyl? How do I put it on my dash?

A camber kit won't solve your tire wear problem. Get a good alignment and it will solve it. Camber kits are used to adjust camber beyond what you can achieve with stock parts. In order for you to have equal tires, get a good alignment with someone who knows what he is doing and you should not have tire wear issues. Its also important that you rptate your tires every 5-10 000km wink.gif
Old 09-24-2004 | 05:20 PM

Default Re: Whats Your SPEED.....?

Alright, thanks I'll try that first. Saves me a little money.
Old 09-24-2004 | 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: ECU .. SAFC all the computer management for 01

Whew! That's a relief, I haven't noticed any tire wear.
Old 09-24-2004 | 11:11 PM

Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
A camber kit won't solve your tire wear problem. Get a good alignment and it will solve it. Camber kits are used to adjust camber beyond what you can achieve with stock parts. In order for you to have equal tires, get a good alignment with someone who knows what he is doing and you should not have tire wear issues. Its also important that you rptate your tires every 5-10 000km wink.gif

I'm glad someone is doing my job when I don't have time to post smile.gif
Yes, alignments do wonder wink1.gif
After I got the same Prokit installed, I let everything settle for like 3 weeks, and got a good alignment at a shop that ONLY does alignment, and they specialized in lowered cars.
laugh.gif
Old 09-27-2004 | 05:02 PM

Default Re: exhaust sound

I'll get another alignment done. I've had the springs in there for like 2 years now. The first time I got it aligned was at Frisby Tire. Maybe I'll try a different place this time.

Thanks for the insight.......
Old 09-28-2004 | 07:25 AM

Default Re: THE RETURN OF THE NFL!!!!

after lowering my car 2.5 inches the toe out ( the amount that the tyres point away from each other ) had increased dramaticaly. this was great om the race track.. but when raod tyres went back onto the car >( bad wear on the inside of the tire.solution, get wheel alignment and toe adjustment smile.gif

Ph34r
Old 09-28-2004 | 07:57 AM

Default Re: exhaust sound

QUOTE (eXit)
after lowering my car 2.5 inches the toe out ( the amount that the tyres point away from each other ) had increased dramaticaly. this was great om the race track.. but when raod tyres went back onto the car >( bad wear on the inside of the tire.solution, get wheel alignment and toe adjustment smile.gif

Ph34r

Whoa! Anything more than 2" on any car and you will have neg camber.
At that point you would DEFINITELY need a camber kit to make your wheels look and stance somewhat normal

BlackTibby's Eibach kit is Max a 1.5" drop, not drastic.