Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Calipers

Old 04-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be it, but I would suspecto more of a clogged or colapsed brake line than the caliper itself.
I saw a thread (I think it was on RE subforum) about lightweight alu calipers for the GK front brakes, and someone suggested that they might apply to our cars as well, but I didn't make the necessary follow up of the thread and I don't if it finally was truth or not.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:03 PM

QUOTE (tanc @ Apr 28 2005, 05:59 PM)
Well when I brake driving over 70miles an hour, the car turns to one side.

I'm thinking it's the caliper piston not functioning properly. I'm bascily just checking to see my calipers options for us incase I need to replace them.

I would definatly check that out... BTW.. you should definatly change your brake lines at least every five years and flush the fluid every two. Brake fluid is Hydroscopic, which means it absorbs water (even right through the braking system) And if you do not flush is, it can cause rust in the calipers (the pistons are steel) and a break down in the caliper soft lines (the rubber breaks down inside) which can stop the fluid from either flowing to the caliper or flowing back when you let off the brakes.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay I'll look into that.

How hard is it to replace the brake lines? Are you taking about the actuall brake lines that run underneath the car?

I have ss lines replacing the rubber lines once I set everything up but I'm not sure which lines you are reffering too.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:43 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Also check caliper guide rods, if they stuck they could make calipers to work weakly or not working at all.