Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

buying new tires

Old 03-29-2005, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
The 712's are good tires, I've had them on for quite some time.

Granted, I'm not a stupid kid that street races either, but they handle great.

eyeroll.gif

712s don't grip in rain or dry road. I don't street race, but at the track I could not get anything less than 2.4 for 60' which proves that they suck a$$!

(anyone who buys kumho, dunlop or falken (except comp tires they are great) i feel sorry for you if you are looking for performance. yes they are cheap but with tires you truely get what you pay for)

My Dunlops were $125 installed and those tires are amazing on dry road, but suck in rain or snow (while they are suppose to be all season tires).

$112... HAH! Anything under $100 is not worth putting on your car. My next tires will cost at least $140 because you get what you pay for!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OP, I've got a set of magical stock tires I'll let go for $500 a piece. Should be well within your price range.

111 is probably a little high, but I get free balancing/rotation/alignment every 3000 miles for the life of the tires. I think me and my dad have dropped like $1200 total in tires at that place in the past month so I better get some perks... try and support the local economy I guess... LOL.

Some of the Dunlop are O.K... a few are quite sticky and work well in dry. Not very good all-weather tires though.

True Story: When I popped my tire my dad brought a Supra 712 home. I was like hell no, I'd rather ride on a crappy leftover tire than that thing. So I drove on a completely bald, unbalanced leftover from my GSX. I bet it still got better grip than a 712. ROFLOL.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
712s don't grip in rain or dry road. I don't street race, but at the track I could not get anything less than 2.4 for 60' which proves that they suck a$$!

Uhm, who races in the rain at the strip?

Mine grip fine in the dry, it's driving skill that keeps them from spinning.

laugh.gif:

And that time just shows that you blame the equipment, as most poor drivers do.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:42 PM

lol. I don't race at the strip in rain, I was just saying that traction with them sucks in dry and wet conditions.

Poor driver? HA!!! 2.26 60' with just CAI with absolutely no spin on my Dunlops! Those numbers should tell you of how bad of a driver I am. I remember people could not believe my 60' times when I posted them!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

lol actually OP is an awsome driver!!! =) i think he knows well what he's doing very well. i think he's got the fastest RD1 tiburon in the state with the exception of a few turbocharged.

i've been on 712's for 5 months and they are a great tire for performance daily driver. they are quite stable and quiet. they handle very well in the rain, and the treadwear on mine was 300!! But...

...i'd give those Kumho MX's a shot. From all of the reviews I read, track times included, the grip was awsome. personally i get awsome traction with them. they cost me $150 per tire but with an army discount $130 per tire. not only are they quiet, they glide on the road surface like on ice skates!!! they handle very well, grip very strong! just yesterday i drove like mad about 30 miles in the worst rain imaginable and i was driving 60-80mph and i could not feel any difference in traction or handling as i did in dry conditions---as if the rain wasn't there!! it rained H A R D the whole way! I mean there was so much flooding. probably one of the the worst rain downpours i've ever seen. i've also hit a bunch of huge potholes and bumps, nothing! you do get what you pay for... off the rim they are hard as a rock too.

i would never buy american tires HAHA!!!