Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

buying new tires

Old 03-29-2005, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the asx are good tires just not the stickiest, but good tires for the price
asx<712's

what tires are you running now? if you want some sticky tires get some parada spec 2's......or if you know youll be drivin on alot of wet roads and maybe some snow, theese would be a good choice...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:40 PM

thanks for the warning REDZ.. remind me to hit you up for it the next time you use MANG instead of Man...

as for TYRES. For not much more money, you could have gotten the Perelli P zero Nero M&S. I put them on my car this winter and what a different. They stick to a dry road just as good as my old RE750s, but they also stick well in rain AND snow.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

eek.gif

Doode, I was just playin!!! Not like you or I can't just delete it.

Geesh, I thought it was funny.

Mang.

wink1.gif :drillserg
Old 03-29-2005, 04:45 PM

so was I.... mang. Gotta let the ang sort of hang there to get the right effect.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Pfft... now you guys can all warn yourselves for off-topicness. wink1.gif

P-Zeroes are great tires as well. Nice overall all weather tire. Lots of my buddies use them. Parada Spec IIs are a given, everyone knows I love those.

The BF Goodrich Traction T/As are great sticky tires dry weather tires (wouldn't use them in heavy rain/snow).

The BF Goodrich G-Force Sports are another great all around tire, at least in rain and snow and are fairly sticky, though nothing compared to the Paradas. Those are what I have on the Tib (G-Force Sports).

I personally never liked any of the Kumho line, but thats just me.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:54 PM

Personally i have gone through five sets of rubber on my car (stock michelins, yoko parada, nitto neo gen, toyo proxes t1-s, bfg kdw) and i am getting a new set of KDW's because they are the best tires i've found yet. I work at Discount Tire Company and every set we have installed have rolled perfect. Also, for the money you cannot beat the dry and wet traction. no matter what you feel like your on rails and you are given for-warning if you are about to lose it. So all in all i'd say BFG KDW all the way

(anyone who buys kumho, dunlop or falken (except comp tires they are great) i feel sorry for you if you are looking for performance. yes they are cheap but with tires you truely get what you pay for)
Old 03-29-2005, 07:46 PM

^^^ Very true on that last part. Remember, that you can have the absolute state of the art suspension, brakes, and a 1000hp engine. But your car still runs on four SMALL patches of rubber that have to support the weight, handle transitions from right to left, stop, and start the car.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM

i got my car used with four different tires. damn dealers. well, i had some crappy fulda on the front left, the tire blew and i put a traction t/a and i swear i can feel the difference. as soon as i get my next paycheck and pay the bills i'm switchin all the tires to the T/A's. the roads here in Louisiana SUCK mad.gif and... it rains alot at fort polk, and the directional tread should help for highway driving. i'd go with those, if i were you, plus they are nice and beefy
Old 03-29-2005, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Traction T/As are great. Granted they are mildly expensive (Guy here quoted me @ 111$ a tire, vs. $92 a tire for the G-Force Sports which I ended up trying out and like) but they are great tires.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 PM

whoa! $112!!!! man on post ( army ) i paid only $80 and i was pissed about that. i didn't plan a popped tire in my budget. i guess i'm gettin a good deal on the price. plus its only like 7 bucks to mount balance and align em too! join the army, get hte tires, then get out lol