Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Brand New Big Brake Kit Available

Old 02-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

so has anyone done the 12.6" rotors with the brembo calipers on a tib with 17" rims?
How'd that turn out?

How much do the brembo's weigh?
Who makes the rotors?

Are the rotors only made non-captive?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

holy sh*t man,

would the wilwood calipers happen to be the Forged Billet Superlites(FSL)? with caliper brackets made for an 11.75" rotor?

please find out for me, i will be a test dummy for the brackets if you want. all i need are the caliper brackets and rotor hats(and other fittings/mount kit for rotors), and you guys could have yourself a verified fitting wilwood bbk that has a chance to fit under the stock wheels.

appreciate it.

patreezy, i can almost guarantee that the brembo calipers will weigh less than the stock calipers, as long as they arent super 6 piston straight up stock car calipers. rotors should weight around the same as the stock rotors, because of the two-peice design.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i'm quite sure our aluminium calipers could fit those rotors
11" will work with most 15" and larger wheels, some wheels might require a little bit of grinding on the calipers fins nothing major that could affect caliper strenght
12" needs at least 16" wheels
13" needs 17" wheels most of the time but i've seen some 16" work

side note...
with our 11" and aluminium caliper combo i've ran into a set of 17" wheels that needed grinding of the calipers fins wheels had a very deep lip and "rounded in" spokes (ikon gt-5 wich are a replica of a tenzo wheels)
Old 02-06-2006, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

Here's all the specs on the Brembo calipers.
Brembo F40 specs

My friend has a GK tiburon with the Brembos on and he says they're amazing. I was going to get them, but they cost over an additional $1000 after it was all said and done... calipers, new SS brake lines, pads, and mounting bracket.

Right now, these rotors are only non-captive

Tibby01-
We'll be testing the dynalite for fitting in a couple weeks once my calipers arrive. The Superlites have 0% chance of fitting 11.75" rotors. The smallest size rotors that will fit superlites is 13". We drew up a schematic on Autocad(engineering program) and the mounting knuckles stick out too far. If we did this setup, we'd need 18" rims.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

If there is enough interest, are you going to do a group buy, or just sell privatley?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

those are sweet calipers wink1.gif
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

I'd really like to do a group buy to save you guys as much money as possible. I should also be able to customize orders on the GB to personalize everyone's orders- if they want something different. Right now I'm trying to get a feel on which setup people are most interested realistically- factoring in costs. A lot of people are all about 4-piston calipers, but in 95% of cases, the 2-piston calipers are MORE than sufficient. Whoever tries these out will be amazed by the braking power.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

At this point after being f0cked with on another BBK setup, the 12.6 and the XG calipers would be perfect. With an upcoming turbo install some more stopping power would be nice. smile.gif
Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://wilwood.com/Products/001-Cali...FSL/index.asp#

the smallest disc diameter is 11.75". i think you were looking at some of the other superlites. some are made for no less than 13".

it only sticks out a quarter inch further from the rotor than the dynalites(2.15"). i have 2.5 inches at the biggest part between the stock rotors and my wheel spokes, and i can make changes to get the bbk to fit better. sligthly higher hat offset and wheel spacers if its absolutely needed. by no means am i a brake expert, but i think i can get it to work. wink1.gif

we shall see. the caliper brackets for the dynalites wont work with the superlites anyway though. 3.5 centered mount for the FSLs, and 5.25 for the dynalite calipers. thanks for the help though.

if you would check on the hats though(custom hat price maybe?) that would be super cool. thanks man.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

this is what i got and its great

kdm GK rotors and xg calapers