Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.
View Poll Results: B&G spring owners
Coilovers
5.56%
Air ride
0%
B&G
27.78%
EiBach
38.89%
H&R
16.67%
Other
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

B&G spring owners

Old 03-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://ezinearticles.com/?Coilover-Suspens...d-Cons&id=12461
Old 03-17-2005, 09:55 PM

I'm glad that someone agrees with me. Aerospeed is horrible.

And I like the article Tibby01, but I think this is the most important part of the article that people often times don't realize:

The proper way to adjust a threaded coil-over suspension involves using a set of scales. The whole idea of this type of suspension adjustability is to equal out the loads on tires (or bias them for circle track) for cornering ability. The fact that you can lower the car with them is just an added benefit but it is NOT their primary function. You should be aware that you can hurt the performance of your car if you don't adjust them at least reasonably close. At best, the car may not corner as well as it used to.

At worst, you may change the handling to the point of being dangerous. This sounds like an exageration but with a threaded setup you could load the front right and the left rear tires and create a car that turns left really well, but won't turn right worth a damn. Even, possibly, spinning out. All this with the car sitting perfectly level. You have the suspension, now take the time to set it up right. Find a tire shop with some corner scales and work with them to adjust tire loading and ride height. The object is to get the cross weights (diagonal weights) even. It's not as important to get the other weights even. It's the cross weights that will sneak up on you.

P.S. Yeah, I would've said "ricers", but I'm mellowed out with some chronic. wink1.gif
Old 03-18-2005, 06:16 AM

I believe the term you are looking for is "Corner balancing" and the idea is to get the wheels on the same axle holding the same weight.. and if possible, to balance the car fore and aft.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I have KYB GR2's and B&G springs. I like 'em, they handle well for the driving I do, nad they aren't terribly stiff as to create a rough ride on bad roads.

As for the drop I think it was 1.75. Took them a couple days to get there (Settling) but I like the way they sit the car. Check my sig //
Old 03-18-2005, 12:55 PM

I have the B&G's. I got them pretty cheap beacuse i picked them up used. I think I got my springs, front and rear strut bars and my red KORE gauge covers and short shifter for $360 shipped. Anyways I love the ride and the drop.