Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.
View Poll Results: B&G spring owners
Coilovers
5.56%
Air ride
0%
B&G
27.78%
EiBach
38.89%
H&R
16.67%
Other
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

B&G spring owners

Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&G spring owners

Does anyone in here own B&G springs, and if so how much did you get them for? and how do you like them?

I think we need a poll of what kind of springs everyone has, and then have them post on what they like about them, and any problems they have had.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:26 PM

i have B&G - i have no idea how much i paid - i went through www.highrevmotorsports.com they dont have them on the site, you would have to call, they're in my town and i hang out up there a lot so i get stuff from there
Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM

Do they really lower the car 1.75"? how do you like them? Do you ever scrape the ground on bumps?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM

I just recently got KYB GR2's and Aerospeed Coilovers, for my car, the ride is awesome..and i got discount through work *advance Auto* so i got the struts front and back for 210 and the coilovers for 130.. so it was about 340 all together, i also am running that with 16 inch Motegis and Toyo Proxies... the ride is very stiff...not bouncy..
Old 03-16-2005, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

I've got Kings Springs (OZ made), and I love em. I think Ozfxcoupe has them too. Not to many options down here eyeroll.gif
Old 03-16-2005, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

I have the B&G's and I have always liked them..they provided a nice drop and definately helped in the curves. I don't know if its really 1.75" but not sure how to tell...with my 17's it looks great but with the stock rims and tires....they tuck inside the fender and the car sits real low to the ground.

I've had them on for 2 and 1/2 years now with the stock struts/shocks and i think the shocks are starting to go...I would reccomend them though. I'm going to upgrade to air ride only cause of the show scene
Old 03-16-2005, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (AEMTIB01)
I just recently got KYB GR2's and Aerospeed Coilovers, for my car, the ride is awesome..and i got discount through work *advance Auto* so i got the struts front and back for 210 and the coilovers for 130.. so it was about 340 all together, i also am running that with 16 inch Motegis and Toyo Proxies... the ride is very stiff...not bouncy..

take those aerospeed coilovers off your car now. nono.gif nono2.gif no.gif buttkick.gif slap.gif

unless you like buying those struts. because you will be replacing them a lot sooner than you should have to.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:53 PM

QUOTE (AEMTIB01)

*shudders* Aerospeed...ewww...

I have not heard anything good about Aerospeed. I've heard the ride can be extremely harsh. Supposedly, they're like the APC coilover, the sleeves crack, and they're poorly designed. But they're cheap...and you get what you paid.

If anything, I'd get the H&Rs (tirerack.com) or the T&Ps from (Kspec.com). H&Rs have been well researched, and they're perfect for your track cars.

Oh god...don't get me started on Toyo Proxes. I had Toyo Proxes, and they were so bad on the wet surfaces. My BFGoodrich Traction T/As grip better, and they're all season. This summer, I'm going to switch over to the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 tires (grippy as all hell) for S3. Goodyear and Kumhos are very good choices for grippy track tires, for those of you who plan on going into autoX.

As for B&Gs, well, from what I know of them from a couple of people who have them on their cars...they are basically your general entry street/trackday set of coilovers that work rather well for general roads. I've never tried them and would have no interest in such a product. They are suspiciously seemingly copies of Bilsteins PSS9s...
Old 03-16-2005, 11:12 PM

i dont see what the problem is with aerospeed coilovers, they are working fine.. they ride better then my buddys integra with Koni's and Eibachs...i love em..no complaints here
Old 03-17-2005, 01:04 PM

QUOTE (djshaggy)
Do they really lower the car 1.75"? how do you like them? Do you ever scrape the ground on bumps?

i like them, they actually lowered it more to 2" i do scrape bottom but it's more on steep driveways.