Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

alignment and drifting

Old 08-28-2004 | 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: GK tib brake upgrade !

Ok, so I have been having a problem with the Tib drifting left. At first I thought it was a front end camber issue, but after realigning the front end at 1.5* neg and 1/8" toe in (left and right) the drift was still there. I went away for a couple weeks for the AF and on the drive home, it seriously felt like the cars thrust angle was off. So I double checked the alignment specs from the shop, and the rear toe was -0.2* L and -.03* R. I didn't think this was enough to cause my drift problem but when I changed the right rear toe, sure enough the drift switch from left to right. So I got the right toe as close as I could but I gotta take it to the shop and have them match 'em really well. There is no real point, just wanting to share...maybe someone else will have a similar thing they can't figure out. Especially you autocross folks who are constantly fiddling with your suspension.
Old 08-28-2004 | 04:19 PM

so your drifting to the left when driving down the freeway??

i drift to the right. and my alignment is pretty good. (ever since i hit a curb 2 yrs ago). i checked everything under for bent components and found nothing. sorry i cant help ya out but ....

im right there witcha lol.gif
Old 08-28-2004 | 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Re: Cigarette Lighter not working.

actually it (the drift) isn't speed dependent...which in hind-sight should have told me it was the rear alignment, not the front.

I suspect I will need new control arm bushings before long, what with the warranty having expired.
Old 08-28-2004 | 09:49 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i hit the curb too... sucks doesn't it?

i had drifting but it had to do with one tire being custom sized. was fun in the snow!! but dangerous in the rain and sleet.