Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

To 2000 Lo and Show Tibby...!

Old 08-28-2001 | 03:05 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Turboman....glad to see that you like the Eibach's. Yeah..most people wish they were lower in ride height, but you definitly can't complain about the ride quality or handling.

Anyway, since you said that you only hear the noise when in neutral, it's hard to tell if it may be suspension related. Does it make the noise when you drive in normal gears? If not, then it's definitly an engine or tranny problem.

As far as chaning the bumpstops..that's only a factor if you were to go REAL low. And even then, all you would have to shave them (meaning you would just sand them down a little). Who installed the springs for you? Yourself or a mechanic? If the noise is suspension related, and it just started when you took out the Viden springs, and installed the Eibach's....then I would have to say something happened when the new springs were being put in. Maybe a bolt is loose somewhere, or maybe the spring isn't settled into the spring perch right. There's alot of factors that can play into it.

Sorry, I wasn't really able to help, but let me know how it works out. Also, fill me in on if it only does it in neutral, or if it does it in all gears.

C-ya....
Old 08-28-2001 | 03:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Turboman..yeah...don't switch to factory shocks. The KYB's are your best bet for the lowering springs. As far as the noise goes, I really have no idea what could be causing it. It definitly wouldn't be the bumpstops, because a 1.2" drop isn't enough to effect them.

As far air suspension goes...you might not want to do that..since you're pushing alot of power in your car. There are 2 different types of air suspension...air bags, and air rods. You MIGHT be able to get away with putting the rods in, since they're more stable.....but I wouldn't recomend it. Air susppension is mainly used for show cars. Anything over 200 horses on that type of suspension will not be good. There will be alot of flex and shifting when you take off.

Anyway...again..sorry I couldn't help out on the noise thing. Maybe Random or someone else might have an idea on what it could be.

Oh yeah...does it only do it in the front? Does it come from both sides (driver/passenger) of the car..or just one?