Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

GM to halt Camaro/Firebird production

Old 08-30-2002, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing wrong with the z28 ss. but i'd rather have the 2000 302 ss camaro
Old 08-30-2002, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

I'd rather have a t/a ws6.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:05 PM

well the 302 camaro would smoke you sorry but it came factroy with 400 somthing hp. they only made a few hundred of them.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:04 PM

1. Seems like you will gladly choose the idiot mantle and hold onto it.

2. You are such a small-minded and weak person IRL that you must equate your truck to your ****. rolleyes.gif pity it still cannot compensate for you deficincy.

3. Having to stoop to calling someone a homnosexual further shows your ignorance and weakness.

4. You are even more stupid if you think your truck is a tank, totally safe, and other smaller import cars will allow the passengers to be killed. There is the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. here is a link:

http://www.hwysafety.org/

Here is a large pickup listing:

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/c...ry_lgpickup.htm

versus a small car listing:

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/c...mmary_small.htm

Now, I think that even you have someone who can explain these charts to you in such a way for yo understand that small cars got great ratings and even BEST PICKS while not one of the large trucks scored as well.

5. Now, again I am not flaming you. It is you have the incorrect view of reality and its up to you to make the change. If you want to, then thats great. Welcome to the real world. If you want to keep your stupid bravado sh!t, then you will continue to be a source of amusement to those of us who will remain much smarter than you can hope to dream.

So again, you going to join the real world or live in your fantasy?
Old 09-01-2002, 12:09 PM

ZeuS572:
I just hope they don't ruin the legacy of the Vette
What, you haven't seen the new Vette? That thing is wicked. Its finally not ugly and overly bland. the Vette's legacy is well secure. Lutz is a true car guy and the ONLY American I would put any faith in. Expect to see a new Camaro that actually handles and is not hideously ugly by late 2004.

Don't be surprised if it has a smaller displacemnt engine yet pumps out over 300hp and kicks ass!

The new GTo/Holden Monero totally kicks ass now as it is. Now, if onlyu they don't give it the typical ugly Pontiac nose treatment. sad.gif The Monero looks sweet just like it is.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:08 AM

Dopeskills
[QB]I think the reason that the Camaro/TransAm didn't sell well compared to the Mustang is due to one factor... Styling.

[QB]
Actually, the F-body didn't sell well next to the mustang due to the fact that the F's were hard to deal with in parking lots, leaned WAYYYY back on the seats, had an unuseable back seat, and a smaller trunk. Read: It's not as practical as a mustang.

The Mustangs have always been first and foremost a "sporty" car, not SPORTS. They're a car where you can have a reasonably powerful engine, rear wheel drive, and still live with it every day hauling kids, groceries, etc.

Oh, and to the "straight-line only!" people, I was reading an article in one of my father's old Mustang Magazines about the "new 1988 GT!" and the spec was .88 G on the skidpad. I'll defend anything against misinformation, even if it is the Fox platform smile.gif
Old 09-04-2002, 02:54 AM

The last Camaro Z28 was auctioned last night for $71,000.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:56 AM

That's funny cause the last Plymouth Prowler was auctioned at $250,000
Old 09-04-2002, 03:25 AM

Playboy:
That's funny cause the last Plymouth Prowler was auctioned at $250,000
That's because the Prowler is more exclusive. Compare the # or Prowlers made to the # of Camaros.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:38 PM

Mike Free:
Oh, and to the "straight-line only!" people, I was reading an article in one of my father's old Mustang Magazines about the "new 1988 GT!" and the spec was .88 G on the skidpad. I'll defend anything against misinformation, even if it is the Fox platform
then you need to do a better job. "skid pad test" rolleyes.gif Put it on a track where it has to change directions and still navigate the apex of a curve that leads into a slalom. rolleyes.gif