Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

GM to halt Camaro/Firebird production

Old 08-27-2002 | 02:46 PM

Random:
GM determined that a sagging sports car segment and increased competition had created an excess capacity at the plant and there were no viable alternative uses for the facility.
Sagging sports car market? Not at all. A sagging market no longer willing to accept sh*tty cars that a shoddily made and cannot handle? Yes, definately.

Look, people are eagerly awaiting the 350Z and the Mustang continues to sell well. Lexus still sells plenty of the SC430/Soarer. So, its not that people no longer want sports cars or the Camaro or Firbird, they just don't want any more over priced, underperforming (oooooo straight line only! rolleyes.gif ) pieces of sh*t anymore. FINALLY, American consumers have said enough is enough.

Times and tastes have changed. GM and the F-Bodies never did.
Old 08-27-2002 | 02:55 PM

Solo-Baric:
I love the imports but just like the old saying goes there is no replacement for displacemnet. You guys can flame me all you want. I don't care. But you put a a 4cyl in my truck i'd never buy it.
I won't flame you, I'll just tell you that you are grossly ignorant about the reality of 4 cylinders. American 4 cylinders are sh*t...until now with GM's ECOTEC. If you think 700hp out of a 2.4litre is nothing and you NEED displacement, well......you can have your opinion. Nissan SR20 turbos can do this all day long as well. And guess what? they do this is cars that can also corner! eek!

One's opinion is one's opinion. However, by saying the blanket statement that "there's no replacement for displacement" shows just how out of touch with reality you are. Japan and Europe prove your little mantra WRONG everyday. Not flaming you, just telling it like it is.
Old 08-29-2002 | 12:49 PM

i hope all those muscle cars die, they suck, all those who own one think they are the baddest and fastest around, i wish i had a billion shot of nitrous to smoke them but id blow up my car and im a biased jerk against them anyway
Old 08-29-2002 | 03:23 PM

well you show me a driveable 4cyl with 500 ftp of torque? Plez i beg you!!! you can't and you never will. you will all ways have you big displacement engines. Like it or not. You won't have a choice. Because you can't afford to put a 4cyl in a full size truck. Flame me some more but you still will never out build a 8cyl monster. Hey let build a top fuel tibby or civic!! Come on guys get your heads out of your asses.
Old 08-29-2002 | 05:07 PM

You need to get your head out of your own first before you want to try to go off on someone else. rolleyes.gif You refuse to be educated about the realities of 4-cylinder performance. Your calander may be terminally stuck on 1978, but the rest of the world has passed you and your ilk goodbye. Clue: Dukes of Hazzard is no longer first run television. eek!

Torque is not nearly as important as you dream it to be. F1 cars have been 4cyl and pumped out over 1000hp. What? a motor thats not a 502 Chevy also has power?????? My gawd! rolleyes.gif

Also, you fail to discern between a flame and a valid attempt to make you aware that your myopic opinion is simply not true and to try and help you adjust to the accepting the facts. The rest of the world does not masturbate to drag racing. We actually prefer real sports cars that can actually perform. Again, cars come with steering WHEELS, not sticks, so other countries actually make cars that utilize it.

And as far as mentioning a Civic. rolleyes.gif Damn I wish you boys back home would break out a fricken map and get a clue that people actually live outside the borders of Alabama.....and the rest of the country. Civics aren't sh!t here...PERIOD. And, as far as slamming a Tiburon I have to question why you are even here at this board if you think all 4cyl cars are crap. rolleyes.gif

I'm not flaming or hating. You are just one of many ignorant people who have no clue about cars outside the USA that would absolutely destroy sh!tty 'Merican irrrreeeeen. You won't be last I encounter either.

So, you have a choice: Be an @sshole and talk more smack while being stupid

or

learn more about what exists beyond US shores and just what smaller displacement motors are capable of.
Old 08-29-2002 | 11:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

scourge:

Look, the Mustang continues to sell well.

Times and tastes have changed. GM and the F-Bodies never did.
I love the the Mustang, and it might still be selling well, but it's not a lot more advanced than the F-bodies were. The current Mustang is still based, albeit very loosely, on the Ford Fairmont platform from the 70s. Pretty soon, the Mustang's gonna need to be completely redesigned if it's to stay with the times.
I'm waiting for the Pontiac GTO to come out.
Old 08-30-2002 | 03:13 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

If you look back to the 400hp club in SCC last year, they featured two cars, an integra and a sentra, that approached 500whp and 500 #ft of torque. The sentra was the dude's only car, so its a daily driver. wink The integra is also a street car.
Old 08-30-2002 | 05:30 AM

I just hope they don't ruin the legacy of the Vette sad.gif rolleyes.gif
Old 08-30-2002 | 05:45 AM

plez send me the like for the 500/500 sentra!!! So your telling me torque isn't important? Why in the hell do you believe that? I am dying to know. That is why honda's suck. they don't have torque. but i guess you know about towing a 5k trailor down the road, have a bed full of sod and trying to pull out. But no torque isn't important at all. I wish you had a full size truck with a 4cyl and then you'd realize how completely insane you are. My truck's weight is something like 4500 or 5000 lbs. Now i'll build a engine for you that has 1000hp and 100 ft of torque. Then the truck will be a waste. I have to have torque. And yes if i decide to put a 502 in then i do believe that is my problem. But i'd reather have a 454ss with a blower on it and you'd still say it's junk cause it has 8cyl instead of 4. We will always have v8 and straight 6's. The best engine ford ever made is the 300 6 cyl. Well i guess i'll talk more smack. Cause you blatenly don't understand the defination of opinion. I also suggest you pull out a map and figure out that Florida isn't in Alabama. Or perhaps you need to go take a vist to you favorite lens crafters store. Because you obviouly can't read. Did i bash a tibby? Nope! I just said make a top fuel tibby. I never said 4 cyl aren't good for car. I said they are junk for trucks. You so bright. You think everyone that likes a big engine is a redneck. You probally the redneck that doesn't know the differenc between a engine and a motor. Well **** you think the entire usa is alabama. Or you think that who ever likes a big engine is from alabama!! Get a clue. I'v been talk about a truck the entire time.

People like you are also the reason i pay higher insurance on my truck. Fags have to complain about anything and everything. Because i have a bigger eng and more wight make my truck more wreckless. But it will destroy plastic cars like my tibby or any other newer car. And no i'm still not bashing a tibby. So go get your eyes check so you can get my sarcasim.

[ August 30, 2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Solo-Baric ]
Old 08-30-2002 | 06:23 AM

solo when u said that your truck would destroy any 4 cylinder, did u mean literally or in a race bc u weigh, what, 5 thousand pounds? and tibs weigh, what, like 2700 pounds, so um, yeah.(edit) so since you are twice the weight of tibs you better have twice the power and twice the torque to just even it out, let alone "destroy" us. do you have a 300 hp truck? (end edit)

im scared to death of trucks in traffic bc they could "destroy" me by slippin it in reverse and goin AWD up on my hood and crushing me but just because they have torque and power dont mean they are fast, those are only 2 parts of the equation, weight is an issue as well, so i hope u emant "destroy" in the literal sense

[ August 30, 2002, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: VerdeShark98 ]