Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

GM to halt Camaro/Firebird production

Old 08-04-2002, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AUTOBOT:
Chevy will stop building it and bring it back as an econmy car.

Hahahahahaha

Chevy Nova, Chevy Malibu, Pontiac LeMans.....
Hey, dont bash the 76 Chevy Novas, those were the ultimate ghetto cruisers back in the day
Old 08-04-2002, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Guess it's pretty clear now who outsold who, less ammunition for the Domestics, and with the new generation of Japan Supercars coming back, that pretty much seals the grave of the muscle car era.

The age of Detroit Iron looks to be well and dead now, just wish they'd bring back a limited run of Classic models, just to keep things alive somewhat, and to remember the golden age of performance. We're like in the Platinum age now, N20, Turbochargers, lightweight monocoque chassis, small displacement engines making wild boost and super stiff production chassis, but we're in it at a price. That price is history by itself.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

It had to happen sometime, and I knew it would after seeing the jap invasion and it's technology and knowing that the domestics were like 4 steps behind with technology. GM and especially Ford are going to pay a huge price now for selling very poor quality cars to customers.

So much for muscle...

On a sidenote, displacement sizes are getting smaller, so my 4.3L might be "really big" in say, 10 years. Kids would be in shock if they ever saw a 400 ci big block... mine's only a 262 and ppl are already calling it big.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:58 PM

one word.... GOOD!!!
Old 08-05-2002, 12:26 AM

Bringrice:
AUTOBOT:
Chevy will stop building it and bring it back as an econmy car.

Hahahahahaha

Chevy Nova, Chevy Malibu, Pontiac LeMans.....
Hey, dont bash the 76 Chevy Novas, those were the ultimate ghetto cruisers back in the day
Not making fun of the old nova, I am making fun of the little "Toyota made" POS that came out a few years back that Chevy had the nearve to badge "Nova".
Old 08-05-2002, 12:27 AM

yay.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:27 AM

MechaniX_034:
but we're in it at a price. That price is history by itself.
We are not destroying history, just making room for a new and improved history.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:27 AM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Still think that they should put the production lines to work one last time man. Make a very limited, very exclusive run of cars with ALL the extras, signed personally by the builders on a plate stuck under the hood. Least that way a part of this piece of history remains alive through whatever technological evolution may come, and that way this very special era in automotive history will be remembered.

Well, time to let bygones be bygones, break out the turbo kits, it's about time to finish the job.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:39 AM

well if i'm not mistaken chvey built a camaro in 99 or 00 that was a 302 and had something along the lines of 475hp. This is not the end of the camaro for sure. Look at the thunder bird chey whipped it's a$$ with the lumina. so ford took it away and redid it. Same thing will happen with the camaro. This is a history with for and chevy. Although i've still yet to see the "SS-R" truck. Finaly something that can whip the lightening. I love the imports but just like the old saying goes there is no replacement for displacemnet. You guys can flame me all you want. I don't care. But you put a a 4cyl in my truck i'd never buy it. Face it you always gonna have big motors. I might be the last one left saying i need a bigger motor, but i'm for damn sure i'll have my 454ss by then.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:03 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

The ss-r is a hella nice truck. There's a rumor of a supercharged version floating around. Also, theres plenty of room for two turbos in the engine bay... wink